Elements Brands is a home for DTC brands with loyal followings. We own and operate a growing portfolio of 5 consumer products brands, and do 90% of our revenue direct-to-consumer via Shopify and Amazon.
Founded in 2010, we have been doing ecommerce for over a decade and pride ourselves on having a strong in-house team that cuts across all ecommerce competencies.
We seek to acquire 2-4 brands each year to add to our portfolio, and are typically able to scale acquired brands significantly by applying best-practices in all areas of business, including marketing, branding, technology, operations, accounting, human resources, and more.
We are seeking an experienced Shopify developer to support our team and help us continue to scale. You will be working across all brands in our portfolio, both current and future. This includes re-platforms to Shopify when we acquire a brand, development of landing pages to support our marketing initiatives, updates to our current sites and themes, and much more.
Why you might enjoy working with us:
- Full ownership - you will be the technical lead on all projects you work on. We believe in hiring people who care and letting them work.
- Variety of projects - we own 5 brands today and are always acquiring more. Each one is a little different. You'll have the opportunity to work across our portfolio.
- Opportunity to get really good at what you do (we're totally focused on ecommerce and the Shopify platform).
- Opportunity to work with a skilled, friendly, upbeat team who work hard, do exceptionally good work, and have fun every day.
- Opportunity to work for a CEO who is a former developer - we understand the importance of your work.
- Opportunity to work at an industry leader in the rapidly growing and changing field of ecommerce.
- 3+ years professional full time experience as a front end developer
- Have Shopify/Liquid development experience (you've developed Shopify themes from scratch)
- Deep appreciation for, and understanding of good web design. You don't need to be a designer, but you should "get it."
- Expertise in HTML/CSS/Sass/JS
- Well versed in responsive web design and mobile performance
- Comfortable with building front-end templates using JSON APIs
- Take pride in clean, readable code
- Live in North America
More importantly -
- Desire to learn (curiosity)
- Passion for all things web
- Willingness to do things the right way (especially finishing strong and leaving a project ready for the next person who reads the code)
- Easy and enjoyable to work with
- Have high attention to detail
- Communicate well in writing
- Solid backend full-stack dev experience.
The position: You’ll work with designers from each brand team who will provide design direction. You’ll typically be the sole developer on your projects, taking full ownership of a project from a development standpoint. This is a position where your attention to detail and desire to do things right will be encouraged and rewarded.
- Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation plus paid holidays.
- Health insurance: We reimburse 100% of employees' healthcare premiums.
- 401k matching: We match up to 4% of your salary to help you save for retirement.
Location: You must be located in North America to be considered for this position.