Elements Brands is seeking to expand our team with a strategic, growth-oriented Director of Human Resources. Must be able to develop and implement company policies, ensuring regulatory/legal compliance, and lead the day-to-day activities of the HR department, which includes the implementation of our talent strategy.
Do you have passion for discovering and maximizing people’s potential? We need a solution focused problem-solver that will dig in, execute and scale our Human Resources department in line with the rapid growth of our company. This person must efficiently align our people needs with the business needs.
If this sounds like you, we can't wait to meet you!
- Growth Mindset: Our ideal candidate can anticipate future trends and readily pose future scenarios. Must be able to create strategies that connect action with company vision.
- Quality Decision Making: Our ideal candidate must make sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information. Must be able to rely on a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgement when making decisions
- Drives Results: Our ideal candidate consistently achieves results even under tough circumstances. Must follow through on commitments and make sure others do the same.
- Vision and Purpose: Our ideal candidate must be able to articulate the company vision in ways everyone can relate to and create organization-wide energy and optimism.
- Administer and oversee our Human Resources programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, leave, disciplinary matters, performance & talent management, and training & development
- Develop and implement policies, process, and initiatives to support the company's Human Resources compliance and strategy needs
- Manage the constructive and timely performance evaluation and performance management process
- Collaborate with senior leadership to understand the company goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train new employees
- Monitor and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practices; review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- PHR or SPHR certification is strongly preferred
- 7 plus years of progressive HR experience including management experience
- Knowledge and experience in the ecommerce, digital marketing, manufacturing, and/or distribution is strongly favored
- Well versed in HR disciplines: compensation, talent management, employee relations, benefits, workforce planning, policy development, etc.
- Must have thorough understanding of federal and state employment laws and their applicability
- Demonstrated experience in driving employee engagement and culture initiatives which directly lead to positive work outcomes
- Proven ability to scope, plan, develop, and implement strategic initiatives, programs, and processes
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance- Fully paid employee premiums, family plans also available
- 401K with 4% company matching
- Paid time off – 15 days plus 12 paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness stipend
- Flexible work environment
Read the Following Carefully to Apply
- Complete the job application here on our careers portal (see the grey Apply to Position box).
- After submitting the job application, you must then separately complete our short Applicant survey located at this link https://go.apply.ci/s/64tghVjU... (This link will also be emailed to you upon application submission).
Thank you in advance for considering this opportunity. Please follow the instructions above exactly - we expect to receive a lot of qualified candidates for this role and hope you are one of them!
About Elements Brands
At Elements Brands, we believe the rise of eCommerce has given entrepreneurs the ability to create custom-tailored products for enthusiastic communities. We own 5 different consumer products brands in industries like pet products, personal care, and household goods, and have big plans to acquire several more brands in the coming year. Since 2010, our team has amplified our brands and brought them to a wider digital audience. Our focus is digital marketing, manufacturing expertise, and global-scale logistics.
We are located in Charlotte, NC in the Lower South End neighborhood, just minutes from uptown and a short walk to breweries, restaurants, and the light rail. While we are working remotely due to the pandemic, we are excited to eventually return to the office in late 2021. Even after returning to the office, we expect to offer a flexible work environment that supports some days from home and some days from the office.
“Elements Brands is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.”